Friday, April 9, 2010

Testing, testing, 1.2.3......


Meet Humpty.  My husbands Easter egg creation this year.  Notice the blood, my husband is all about the details.  Fitting that I choose an egg for my first post.  I'm getting a little carried away with the whole chick theme.

Anywho, welcome to my blog.  I'm Tizzy, I love to cook.  I love finding new recipes online and testing them out on my family, the guinea pigs.  Thankfully, we haven't had too many disasters, and hopefully we won't have many more. In my family we have a couple picky eaters and a couple of adventurous eaters.  We try to eat healthfully when we can, but I'm not going to turn down a piece of fried chicken if it made it's way on to my plate, or a big ol' brownie for that matter.  Life is too short to deprive yourself.  I splurge on occasion, maybe on too many occasions, but that is a discussion for another time.  A much later time.  

 I'm starting this blog to share recipes that I have found around the web either on other blogs, forums, or in cookbooks, and magazines.  I will warn you now, if you are looking for a great fish dish, this isn't the blog for you.  We don't do fish.  Maybe some shellfish, but anything with fins will not be cooked in this kitchen.  Sorry, we all have our dislikes.  My family has a lot of them.  

I am a self taught cook who loves to learn new things.  By starting this blog, maybe I can pass on a thing or two.  Who knows, maybe my kids will read it and want to learn to cook, maybe no one will read it and I will be talking to myself.  Doesn't matter.   I'll enjoy the adventure.  Really isn't that all that matters anyway?  




No comments:

Post a Comment